Monday, June 18, 2007

Back to Life!

Thank you to everyone who showed support and concern for Andrew with his lung collapse! He is doing very well now, especially since his scab fell off a few days ago! What is it with guys and scabs anyway?? He is planning to start running again this week, slowly at first. He still hopes to join me in the 2007 Chicago Marathon in October.

He is still working with the Department of World Mission until Greek starts in early July. We are thankful for that job and he continues to get to know more people in the Covenant. I just finished my first week off orientation at the hospital. My biggest challenge is getting to know people there. I trained with the day crew, now I work with the evening crew, so I have to learn names, who I can ask questions of, and how people work. All in good time.

The weather here has been wonderful! We have gone downtown and walked around and to a street festival. There is always something going on, we just have to pick what we want to go to the most!! We like our small apartment and we are trying to keep life simple. We have joined a CSA, which is Community Supported Agriculture. It is a share in a local farm, and each week we pick up a box of vegetables. If the farm does well, it's a big box, and if not then it is a small box.

As life goes on, I become more and more thankful that we traveled when we had the chance to. It has been great fun to talk through memories together and look at our photos. Everyone once and a while we talk about a story we remember and finish with "What city was that in again??" I'm going to continue to blog and continue to process all that we saw in our travels. Hope you enjoy reading it, or at least looking at the photos!

1 comment:

  1. Alright CSA! If you need some recipes, let me know!

    ReplyDelete