Friday, October 29, 2010

Nov. 2 Voting Made Easy

If you live near North Park University, you now have absolutely no excuse not to vote on Nov. 2. I have done the hard work of reviewing the endorsements of the Chicago Tribune and the Chicago Sun-Times for the contested races since I am not going to take the time to look at each race and make a decision on my own. If you can relate, read on!

To my surprise, they agreed on the majority of their endorsements. I indicated this with a thin green line on the ballot. They differed on the big ones - amendment, senator, governor, treasurer. Since the Tribune leans Republican I highlighted their endorsements in pink; the Sun-Times leans Democrat so I highlighted their endorsements in blue. There were a few smaller races where the Tribune made an endorsement and the Sun-Times had none. For those, I just highlighted pink.

This linked document is the "Specimen General Election Ballot Style 218." You can get an advance copy of the ballot you will receive here. A general list of everyone running for every position is available here (but it's not as useful).

Now you have NO excuse not to vote on Nov. 2!

1 comment: